Remember the weird pop-up camera phase of the smartphone industry? We thought we were done with that, but apparently, not yet, as Huawei is releasing another one with it. Check out the new Nova Y9a.
The Huawei Nova Y9a has its 16-megapixel selfie camera placed a pop-up mechanism on the top left of the device. It’s still a cool party trick when it springs into action every time you want to take a selfie.
Relocating the front camera resulted in a cleaner display, free from distractions, with an impressive 92% screen-to-body ratio. The screen itself has a 6.63-inch IPS panel with an FHD+ resolution.
On the back, there’s Huawei’s signature design, with a large circle on the top that houses the 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and two auxiliary sensors.
Under the hood, it’s powered by the good ol’ MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor, with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage. It then runs on the dated Android 10-based EMUI 10.1 operating system.
Keeping the lights on is a decent 4,300mAh battery paired with a 40W Huawei SuperCharge charger.
The Huawei Nova Y9a is listed in South Africa for a price of ZAR6,499 (around Php21,600). It will be available in parts of Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
Huawei Nova Y9a Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.63-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 396ppi
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via NM card up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel pop-up front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 76.5 x 8.95mm
- Weight: 197g
- Colors: Sakura Pink, Space Silver, Midnight Black
- 4,300mAh non-removable battery, 40W Huawei SuperCharge