Huawei Philippines just launched a new entry-level smartphone right in time for the holiday season. This is the new Huawei Y6s.
Sitting in the sub-Php7k category, the Huawei Y6s is powered by a MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor. That’s a bit different from the Kirin chipsets that Huawei makes on their own for their devices. It’s coupled with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage.
On the front, we have a humble 6.09-inch HD+ IPS screen. This makes the device relatively compact than today’s standard. While at the bottom, we have the Huawei ‘SuperSound’ loudspeaker, which the company claims is intelligent enough to deliver deep bass and brighter treble audio.
It’s available in two colors. There’s the subtle Starry Black model, while the Orchid Blue has a two-tone finish that’s identical to the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019.
Unlike most devices, Huawei is skipping the unnecessary secondary depth sensor and used a single 13-megapixel primary camera on the back of the device. While on the front, we have an 8-megapixel selfie camera sitting on the waterdrop notch on top of the screen.
Huawei Y6s Specs
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.1
- Dual SIM
- 6.09-inch HD+ IPS display, 1560 x 720 pixel resolution, ~282ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Headphone jack
- Dimensions: 156.28 x 73.50 x 8mm
- Weight: 150g
- Colors: Starry Black, Orchid Blue
- 3,020mAh non-removable battery
You can get the Huawei Y6s starting December 14, 2019 for a price of Php6,990 in the Philippines. It is available in tons of Huawei stores, kiosks, multi-brand shops, and through their official online shops.