Huawei’s newest midrange smartphone in the Philippines has officially landed.
The Huawei Y9 2019 made its debut with Lazada’s 11.11 sale, offering the phone for a hefty price of Php12,990. Its set of hardware reminds us a lot of the Huawei Nova 3i, although it has significantly less storage. In addition, even the design and materials used are quite similar.
Main highlights of the Huawei Y9 2019 include the old HiSilicon Kirin 710 chipset, 4GB of RAM, quad-camera setup, and 4,000mAh battery. The handset is running on EMUI 8.0 and Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box.
Huawei Y9 2019 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid, 2 nano or 1 nano+microSD)
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ IPS 19:9 Display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~396ppi
- 2.2GHz HiSilicon Kirin 710 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB
- Mali-G51 MP4, GPU Turbo Technology
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel front cameras with f/2.0 aperture
- 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras with f/2.2 aperture, dual LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- HSPA+, 4G VoLTE
- Bluetooth v4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Colors: Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, Aurora Purple
- Dimensions: 162.4 x 77.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 173g
- 4,000mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery
Since it’s identical with the Nova 3i, it makes more sense to go for it because it’s cheaper at its current SRP of Php12,990. Another reason why I would recommend it over the Nova 3i is its 4,000mAh battery capacity. Otherwise, the extra storage is good to have.
The Huawei Y9 2019 is now available in the Philippines for a price of Php12,990.