Vivo sub-brand iQOO is one of the brands to use the new Snapdragon 778G processor from Qualcomm.
With its chipset, the iQOO Z5 gets to have 5G connectivity and since it came out in China, it runs on the brand’s new OriginOS based on Android 11. It should get the more familiar FuntouchOS 12 once it hits the global stage.
Right on the front, we’re treated with a smooth 120Hz refresh rate on its 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS screen. There’s a punch-hole on the middle for the 16-megapixel front-facing camera.
The triple camera array on the back is nothing too unique. It has a 64-megapixel GW3 sensor from Samsung, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel macro. Compared to the Z3, it now has a larger 5,000mAh battery, albeit the charging speed is capped at 44W.
Those who are in China can get the iQOO Z5 for CNY1,899 (around Php14,900) with 8GB/128GB configuration, and CNY2,299 (around Php18,000) for the 12GB/256GB. Pre-orders will start on September 28, while the availability details for the global market are yet to be announced.
iQOO Z5 Specs
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G octa-core processor
- Vapor Cooling Chamber
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 642L GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 76.7 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colors: Arctic Dawn, Aurora, Mystic Spce
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 44W fast charging