Vivo’s iQOO brand has released a new phone, the Z5x, and it makes us wish more that the iQOO brand is available in markets like the Philippines.
The new iQOO Z5x is essentially an amped-up midrange phone. It’s powered by MediaTek’s Dimensity 900 octa-core processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. Keeping the temps down is a five-layer liquid cooling system.
It also comes with a virtual RAM expansion technology that borrows 1.5GB and 4GB from the storage of the 6GB and 8GB RAM versions, respectively, to expand the memory.
Since it’s releasing in China, it will run on the brand’s latest OriginOS 1.0 that’s based on Android 11. It also comes with a 44W charger, which the company claims can juice up its 5,000mAh battery to 58% in just half an hour.
Like a lot of powerful smartphones today, it sports a smooth 120Hz refresh rate, albeit it only has a 6.58-inch FHD+ LCD screen, instead of an AMOLED panel.
It lacks the ZEISS optics that the Vivo X70 has, but it does come with a respectable 50-megapixel main shooter. No ultra-wide or depth sensor, only macro.
The Vivo iQOO Z5x starts at CNY1,599 (around Php12,700) for the 6GB/128GB, CNY1,699 (around Php13,500) for the 8GB/128GB, and CNY1,899 (around Php15,100) for the 8GB/256GB version. It’s now up for pre-order in China.
iQOO Z5x Specs
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 900 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM, virtual RAM expansion
- Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.3 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 189g
- Colors: Orange, Silver, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 44W fast charging