Lenovo’s gaming-centric brand just released a new smartphone. The new Legion Y70 offers top-notch specs sans the aggressive gamer design.
The Lenovo Legion Y70 has a clean design on the back with plain colors, a camera island for the triple shooters, and the Legion branding in bold fonts. It comes in a Red color with a dual-tone design if you really want something flashy.
Everything else is pretty high-end, which could easily make it a passable gaming smartphone. It is powered by the current-best, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 octa-core processor.
The chipset is attached to a pretty beefy cooling system. It has ten layers of several graphite sheets and other solutions, making it the biggest vaper cooler on a smartphone today at 5,047sq. mm.
For the memory, you can get it with 8GB, 12GB, and 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and can be paired with 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB of fast UFS 3.1 internal storage.
The battery is marginally larger at 5,100mAh compared to most devices. A 68W wired fast charger helps juice it up.
You’d be witnessing all its power via the large, vibrant, and speedy 6.67-inch OLED display that refreshes at 144Hz. Touch sampling can go as high as 1500Hz when gaming.
A punch-hole on the top of the screen holds the 16-megapixel selfie camera. On the back, there’s a sharp 50-megapixel shooter, joined by a 13-megapixel ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The Lenovo Legion Y70 comes in 8GB/128GB, 12GB/256GB, and 16GB/512GB models for a price of CNY2,970 (around Php24,400), CNY3,370 (around Php27,700), and CNY4,270 (around Php35,100), respectively. They will be available in China starting August 22. No word yet if it’s coming to other countries like the Philippines.
Lenovo Legion Y70 Specs
- Android 12, ZUI 14
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 1500 touch sampling
- HDR10+, 1000-nits peak brightness, Delta E < 0.9
- SGS glass
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (PDAF, OIS) + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, No headphone jack
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 77 x 8mm
- Weight: 209g
- Colors: Silver, Black, Red
- 5,100mAh non-removable battery, 68W wired fast charging