Lenovo’s ThinkPad line is one of the most prominent business laptops in the world. Now, the company is offering a similar experience in a smartphone form with the new ThinkPhone by Motorola.
More than just branding, the Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola will actually work seamlessly with a ThinkPad laptop. It comes with Think 2 Think connectivity that lets you easily transfer files, and documents, copy texts and share notifications between the phone and the laptop. You can also use your mobile device as a webcam as well as control your Android device with your Windows machine.
Lenovo has also pre-installed relevant apps like Microsoft 365, Teams, and Outlook.
ThinkPad laptops are also known for their security features, and the ThinkPhone should be the same. It has a dedicated security chip called Moto KeySafe that can securely hold your passwords, PINs, crypto keys, and other important and sensitive data. There’s also the Moto OEMConfig or Moto Device Manager that allows IT admins to remotely configure the ThinkPhone for business users.
The design is also very ThinkPad. It has a single Carbon Black color option with an aramid fiber material and an aircraft-grade aluminum frame. It has a special customizable button that can do whatever you want. It’s also pretty rugged with an IP68 dust and water resistance and MIL-STD-810H certification, as well as a Gorilla Glass Victus protecting the front.
Now, for the specs. The ThinkPhone is powered by a flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor, which can be equipped with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of expandable storage.
It also comes with a 6.6-inch FHD+ OLED panel with a fast 144Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support. A sharp 32-megapixel camera is on the top, while on the back, we have a 50-megapixel OIS-equipped main snapper and a 13-megapixel ultra-wide that doubles as a macro lens.
We then have a 5,000mAh battery with fast 68W fast wired charging for always on the go. 15W wireless charging is also supported.
The Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola will be available in Latin America, the US, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and select Asian markets in the months to come. No price was announced, but since it’s a B2B device, it may not arrive on your regular retail store.
Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola Specs
- Android 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ P-OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 399ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF, OIS) + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Think 2 Think connectivity
- Moto OEMConfig or Moto Device Manager
- Moto KeySafe security chip
- IP68 dust and water resistant, MIL-STD-810H
- Aramid Fiber back panel, Aluminum frame
- Stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6e, tri-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 74.4 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 188.5g
- Colors: Carbon Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 68W fast charging, 15W wireless charging