Meizu is the latest OEM to rock the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor with their latest Meizu M16s Pro.
Other than its fast processor, the Meizu 16s Pro also has a flagship 6.2-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a whopping 160Hz of touch sampling. We also have the improved fingerprint scanner buried underneath the screen.
Unlike most devices, Meizu is sparing us from notches and punch-hole cutouts by keeping a small bezel on the top. That’s enough to house the sensors, earpiece, and the 20-megapixel selfie snapper.
On the back, you can spot a 48-megapixel Sony IMX 586 primary camera. The same sensor found on a lot of smartphones these days. Plus, a 16-megapixel ultra-wide shooter with the LED ring flash uniquely surrounding its lens.
The Meizu 16s Pro will also come with the new Flyme 8 OS based on Android 9 Pie. This new skin is more straightforward and optimized than Meizu’s previous oness.
Meizu 16s Pro Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Flyme 8 OS
- Dual SIM
- 6.2-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2232 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX 586, f/1.7) + 20-megapixel (f/2.6, Telephoto) + 16-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) PDAF, OIS, Ring LED flash
- [email protected]
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual-frequency GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Dimensions: 151.9 x 73.4 x 7.65mm
- Weight: 166g
- Colors: Green, Twilight, Black, White
- 3,600mAh non-removable battery
The Meizu 16s Pro will have a starting price of CNY2,699 (~Php19,700) for the 6GB/128GB. There’s also the 8GB/128GB for CNY2,999 (~Php21,900) and 8GB/256GB for CNY3,299 (~Php24,000). It will be available for purchase in China this August 31.