Smartphones with 64-megapixel cameras are finally upon us thanks to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
The new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro beat the Realme XT as the first 64-megapixel smartphone to officially come out. Its quad-camera setup also consists of an 8-megapixel ultra-wide snapper, and a macro and depth-scanner with 2-megapixel sensors, respectively.
It’s also the first smartphone to come with the new MediaTek Helio G90T processor. As the name suggests, this new chipset is geared toward gaming.
The device also has liquid cooling and the ability to use both WiFi and LTE at once for an uninterrupted gaming experience.
To keep it all juiced up, the Xiami Redmi Note 8 Pro has a generous 4,500mAh battery. Meanwhile, a decent 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS display is seen on the front.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~395ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- MediaTek Helio G90T octa-core processor
- Liquid cooling
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali G76 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (ISOCELL GW1 sensor, Quad-binning, f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, dual-tone flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Infrared blaster
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 76.4 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 199g
- Colors: Black, Red, Blue, White
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging
Just like its predecessor, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro will have a disruptive price. It starts at only CNY1,399 (~Php10,200) for the 6GB/64GB model, and CNY1,799 (~Php13,100) for the 8GB/128GB. It will go on sale in China this September, while its pricing and availability details here in the Philippines are yet to be announced.