Motorola jumped the gun and already introduced the Moto G Power 2022 model.
The Motorola Moto G Power 2022, a successor to the model that came out earlier this year, will feature a couple of upgrades, and won’t be released until the year that it’s supposed to come out.
Motorola made the changes in the key areas. For one, the processor is now a MediaTek Helio G37, replacing Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 662. The RAM and storage options were also upgraded as it now starts with a 4GB/64 configuration (from 3GB/32GB).
The display was also promoted as it now has a fast 90Hz refresh rate, albeit it’s still a 6.5-inch HD+ panel.
Probably the main improvement is in the cameras. It now has a 50-megapixel main shooter for sharper images. On the front, we have the same 8-megapixel sensor for selfies.
The battery, despite being large, doesn’t seem to be big enough to constitute the name “Power”. It’s a 5,000mAh capacity, which is standard in a lot of phones today. But, Motorola claims it can last for up to 3 days. It’s paired with an underwhelming 10W charger.
Motorola US is selling the Moto G Power 22 for a starting price of USD199 (around Php10,000). Availability in other markets is yet to be known.
Motorola Moto G Power 2022 Specs
- Android 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 270ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- MediaTek Helio G37 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (PDAF, f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- IP52 water repellent
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Water repellent coating
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 167.2 x 76.5 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 203g
- Colors: Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging