Android phones, unlike iPhones, are for those who want pumped-up numbers on the specs sheet. That’s where the new ZTE Axon 30 Ultra Aerospace Edition shines.
There are a couple of reasons why the ZTE Axon 30 Ultra Aerospace Edition was released. First, it was to celebrate China’s space agency, which has successfully launched a lander and orbiter to Mars and three astronauts to the country’s own space station. It’s also meant to co-promote an upcoming movie in the said country.
The limited-edition release will come with a whopping 18GB of physical RAM and 1TB of internal storage. Other than that, everything else is the same. It’s still powered by a Snapdragon 888 processor, has 144Hz AMOLED screen, three 64-megapixel cameras, and an ultra-fast 66W charging.
ZTE will start selling the special edition Axon 30 Ultra starting November 25, with the price yet to be announced. For a perspective, the 16GB/1TB variant already retails for CNY6,666 (around Php49,400).
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra Aerospace Edition
- Android 11, MyOS 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch curved FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling, DCI-P3 100%, 10-bit
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 18GB RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 1TB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.6, IMX686, Laser AF, PDAF, OIS) + 64-megapixel (Portrait lens, f/1.9, PDAF) + 64-megapixel (f/2.2, 13mm, ultra-wide) + 8-megapixel (periscope, 5x optical, OIS) rear cameras, dual-tone flash
- 8K video recording
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- No headphone jack
- WiFi 6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.5 x 73 x 8mm
- Weight: 188g
- 4,600mAh non-removable battery, 66W fast charging