The Motorola Edge from last year gets a successor with the same name. So to avoid confusion, we’ll just call this one the Motorola Edge 2021.
This device isn’t entirely new, actually. The Motorola Edge 2021 is essentially the same as the Edge 20 that came out in Europe back in July. It shares the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G processor, an ultra-fast 144Hz screen, and is protected by Gorilla Glass 3.
It also shares the same 108-megapixel main camera and a 32-megapixel camera on the back. The stealthy dark blue design is also identical, with large camera lenses on the back.
But unlike the Edge 20, the Edge 2021 has a larger 5,000mAh battery and swaps the telephoto lens to an ultra-wide one. It also downgrades to an LCD screen from OLED. This means the in-display fingerprint scanner has been swapped for a side-mounted one.
The Motorola Edge 2021 has a price of USD699 (around Php35,200) and will have a special introductory price of USD499 (around Php25,100). It will be initially available in the United States then later in Canada. Release details in other markets are yet to be known.
Motorola Edge 2021 Specs
- Android 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 385ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 576Hz touch sampling, HDR10+
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Areno 642L GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 108-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163 x 76 x 7mm
- Weight: 163g
- Colors: Nebula Blue
- IP52 water repellant
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 30W charging