Vivo introduces a new member to its budget-friendly Y series with the Y21.
The Vivo Y21 features the typical set of specs and features you’d expect from an entry-level smartphone. For starters, it’s powered by an aging MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor that you can pair with 4GB of RAM and an option between 64GB and 128GB of expandable storage.
The device also features Vivo’s Extended RAM 2.0, which borrows an extra 1GB from the storage to extend the RAM.
On the front, we have a 6.51-inch HD+ pixel resolution, with the good ol’ waterdrop notch for the selfie camera. Vivo also included a large 5,000mh battery with 18W fast charging.
Around the back, we have a square glass with two cameras, an AI logo that poses like the third sensor, the words “Multi Camera” next to the main one. There’s also a lip with the pill-shaped dual-tone flash next to the word “Aspherical”. A couple of unnecessary inclusions to prevent dead-space that helps achieve the overall look.
It does have a pretty unique design. The Diamond Glow has a distinctive pattern on the back. It’s also relatively compact with its thinness of only 8mm and flat edges.
The Vivo Y21 4GB/128GB is priced at INR15,490 (around Php10,500) and is now available in India. The SRP for the 64GB model is yet to be known.
Vivo Y21 Specs
- Android 11, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ LCD display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.35GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM + 1GB (Extended RAM 2.0)
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.26 x 76.08 x 8mm
- Weight: 182g
- Colors: Diamond Glow, Dazzle Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery,18W fast charging