Motorola has released a new version of the Moto G50.
The new Motorola Moto G50 5G swaps the Snapdragon 480 of the first Moto G50 that came out last March to a MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor. The difference in performance between the two should be very similar.
Other key difference is the fingerprint scanner placement, which is now on the side instead of the back. The macro camera was also downgraded to 2-megapixel from 5-megapixels. You can also notice the new inverted L-shaped camera layout.
Everything else is the same. There’s the 6.5-inch HD+ screen, smooth 90Hz refresh rate, 48-megapixel main camera, 5,000mAh camera, and NFC.
The new Motorola Moto G50 5G is now available in Australia for AUD399 (around Php14,400). Release details in other markets are yet to be known.
Motorola Moto G50 5G Specs
- Android 11
- Dual/Single SIM
- 6.5-inch HD+ Max Vision IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Water-repellent design
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- ThinkShield for mobile
- Loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEPP, SUPL
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 167 x 76.4 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 206g
- Colors: Metiorite Grey
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charging, 15W charger included