Just like that, 5G technology has begun to arrive on more affordable smartphones. Meet the newest one, the Motorola Moto G50.
Having 5G on the Motorola Moto G50 was possible thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor. A chipset partnered with a 4GB/64GB configuration, with a 128GB variant available in select markets.
Other than 5G, the rest of the specs are standard for an entry-level device. We have a 6.5-inch HD+ screen, which managed to have a fast 90Hz refresh rate. There’s also a generous 5,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging, although it only has a 10W charger included in the box.
We have the fingerprint scanner with a triple camera setup led by a 48-megapixel main camera around the back. NFC is also supported, and Motorola promised “at least one” major Android update.
The Motorola Moto G50 4GB/64GB has a price of EUR249 (around Php14,200) and will be initially available in European markets.
Motorola Moto G50 Specs
- Android 11
- Dual/Single SIM
- 6.5-inch HD+ Max Vision IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF) + 5-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Water-repellent design
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEPP, SUPL
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 74.9 x 8.95mm
- Weight: 192g
- Colors: Aqua Green, Steel Grey
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charging, 10W charger included