Motorola releases another feature-packed midrange phone that has a vibrant and speedy display, capable processor, sharp cameras, and fast charging. Sadly, it lacks the 5G connectivity that a lot of its competition has. Nonetheless, here’s the Motorola Moto G52.
The Motorola Moto G52 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor, a 4G LTE-only chipset. Still, the company claims it’s 25% faster than the Snapdragon 662.
This new chip should be more than capable for tasks like gaming, streaming, and camera capabilities. Speaking of which, it has a really sharp, albeit no optical stabilization, 50-megapixel main camera.
It’s joined by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens that also doubles as a depth sensor. The trio is completed by the 2-megapixel macro lens.
The device’s key highlight features are in the visual and sound departments. It boasts an enormous 6.6-inch OLED panel for deep contrast, coupled with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate. Thanks to the OLED screen and punch-hole for the selfie camera, Motorola was able to achieve ultra-thin and uniform bezels.
For audio, we have two speakers on each side for a stereo setup. Motorola claims it offers clearer vocals, better bass, and improved clarity even at high volume. Dolby Atmos is also onboard.
The device will ship with a clean Android 12-based interface. Keeping the lights on is the usual 5,000mAh battery with 33W charging.
Despite its OLED screen, it skipped the in-display fingerprint scanner and went with the traditional, yet actually more effective, side-mounted sensor. The G52 also has a water-repellent coating like its cousins.
The Motorola comes in two variants: 4GB/128GB and 6GB/128GB. They are available in India for a price of INR14,499 (around Php9,900) and INR16,499 (around Php11,300), respectively. Release details here in the Philippines are yet to be known.
Motorola Moto G52 Specs
- Android 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 402ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 87.70% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide/depth sensor, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, single LED flash
- IP52 water repellent design
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEPP, SUPL
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.98 x 74.46 x 7.99mm
- Weight: 168g
- Colors: Porcelain White, Charcoal Grey
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging