HMD Global just introduced the brand new Nokia 2.2, a highly-optimized device for the budget segment.
Just like most of their current releases, the Nokia 2.2 is part of the Android One program. This means that it runs on a clean Android 9 Pie operating system. It’s also one of the firsts in line when it comes to the latest software updates, with up to 3 years of updates.
Clearly, the Nokia 2.2 is heavily integrated with the Android ecosystem as it even comes with a dedicated button for the Google Assistant.
Having an efficient software is really essential as it only runs on a MediaTek Helio A22 quad-core processor, with 2GB/3GB of RAM, and 16GB/32GB of expandable storage.
It also has a decent set of cameras for the price. A 13-megapixel primary shooter is found on the back. While on the front there’s a tiny notch housing a 5-megapixel selfie snapper, which is also used for the face unlock feature as it lacks a fingerprint scanner.
The design was not left out, either. The Nokia 2.2 has a glossy finish that’s made from a polycarbonate body, with seamless curves in each side and corners.
Nokia 2.2 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Android One
- Dual SIM
- 5.71-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~295ppi
- Always-on Display
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio A22 quad-core processor
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- PowerVR GE8320
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 400GB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2, LED flash
- Face unlock
- Dedicated Google Assistant button
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- FM Radio
- Headphone jack
- Dimensions: 145.96 x 70.56 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 153g
- Colors: Steel, Tungsten Black
- 3,000mAh battery, 5W (5V/1A) charger
The Nokia 2.2 will retail for INR6,999 (~Php5,200) for the 2GB/16GB model, and INR7,999(~Php6,000) for the 3GB/32GB. It goes live in India on June 11, while its release details in the Philippines are yet to be announced.