Nokia has been one of the most admirable smartphone brands in recent years. They release phones with sturdy and elegant designs, use stock Android UI instead of earning a few bucks by using their own, and now, they plan on making smartphones that are easier to repair starting with the G22.
The new Nokia G22 is pretty easy to disassemble and repair using the tools and parts replacements from iFixit, which Nokia has teamed up with for this smartphone. Nokia calls this the QuickFix design.
This makes the G22 a sustainable device as you don’t have to buy an entirely new smartphone if a part gets broken. What’s more, the device also uses 100% recycled plastic for better help the environment.
Another key highlight is the large 5,050mAh non-removable battery, which Nokia claims can last for up to 3 days. The box then comes with a 20W charger.
Of course, like its cousins, the G22 will get good after support with 3 years of monthly security updates and warranty and 2 years of Android upgrades.
Sitting in the midrange category, the device has a 90Hz HD+ display, a 50-megapixel main camera, IP52 splashproof rating, and sadly, only a quad-core UNISOC processor.
The Nokia G22 has a starting price of EUR179 (~Php10,500). Release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
Nokia G22 Specs
- Android 12 (2 years OS upgrades, 3 years security patches)
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display, 1200 x 720 pixel resolution, 269PPI
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.6GHz UNISOC T606 quad-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MP1 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock with mask mode
- Single loudspeaker, OZO playback
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 100% recycled plastic back
- QuickFix design
- IP52 splashproof
- HSDPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 195.23 x 165 x 8.48mm
- Weight: 195.23g
- Colors: Lagoon Blue, Meteor Grey
- 5,050mAh non-removable battery, 20W charging
Great idea, but this phone’s cpu is pretty bad specially with its asking price :/ if nokia wants to really sell they should atleast consider ditching unisoc in favor of dimensity.