The OnePlus 10T makes its official debut after weeks of leaks and rumors. Like its predecessors, it is meant to be a cheaper alternative to the brand’s current flagship line-up.
Like 9T, the OnePlus 10T has been toned down a bit to make it cheaper than the OnePlus 10 Pro. Although, it actually edges out the Pro in a few major areas.
For starters, this device is powered by a more modern Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor, which is easily one of the fastest — if not the fastest — chipsets in the market today. The 10 Pro has the non-Plus chip.
OnePlus is also bragging about the device’s improved 3D cooling system, which is said to be the biggest on any OnePlus device ever.
The 10T also boasts a 150W SuperVOOC charging and even ships with a faster 160W adapter for its 4,800mAh battery. The 10 Pro taps out at 80W for the Chinese version.
OnePlus kept similar display specs for the 10T. It has a fast 120Hz AMOLED panel that is 6.7-inches in size. It’s not the modern LTPO 2 panel, but it does come with 10-bit color with HDR10+ compliance.
Now the question is, how is it cheaper than the 10 Pro? The answer is in the cameras. OnePlus removed the fancy sensor for the ultra-wide lens and the 3x telephoto in lieu of a more basic 8-megapixel ultra-wide and a 2-megapixel shooter. Still, it uses the same 50-megapixel IMX766 that the Pro model have.
We then have a 16-megapixel selfie camera on the front, together with the in-display fingerprint scanner.
The OnePlus 10T comes in 8GB/128GB and 12GB/256GB models for a price of USD699 (around Php39,900) and USD799 (around Php44,500), respectively. They are now up for pre-order in Europe and will ship on August 25. Release details in markets like the Philippines are yet to be announced.
OnePlus 10T Specs
- Android 12, OxygenOS 12.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display, 2412 x 1080 pixel resolution, 394ppi
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (OIS, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras
- Stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163 x 75.4 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 204g
- Colors: Jade Green, Moonstone Black
- 4,800mAh non-removable battery, 150W fast charging