OPPO has subtly introduced the A54s carrying a similar set of features to its competitors.
The main highlight of the OPPO A54s is its pixel-packed 50-megapixel main camera. OPPO put a lot of the resources on the main shooter that they had to omit an ultra-wide lens. But, it does come with a 2-megapixel macro camera and an obligatory mono sensor.
On the front, the 8-megapixel selfie camera is sitting on a traditional waterdrop notch, on top of the typical 6.52-inch HD+ screen with a standard 60Hz refresh rate. It’s powered by a Helio G35 CPU, so no 5G.
Keeping the lights on is a 5,000mAh battery. OPPO didn’t mention the charger it comes with it, but we suspect it’s at least 18W. On the upside, it does come with Super Nighttime Standby Mode that lowers battery consumption when you sleep and Night Charge with Charging Temperature Control to keep the device safe when charging overnight.
Availability details about the OPPO A54s are a bit unclear. OPPO UK listed it for a price of EUR229.99 (around Php13,500), while Amazon Italy reveals it will be available starting November 13.
OPPO A54s Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate, 60Hz touch sampling
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- IMG GE8320 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) + 2-megapixel (mono) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.6 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Pearl Blue, Crystal Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery