OPPO releases the new A77 4G carrying a couple of familiar specs, a sharp camera, and an elegant-looking design despite the price.
Obviously, the processor on the new OPPO A77 4G is not as impressive as the one found on the 5G model that came out back in June. This new one don’t get to have a 90Hz refresh rate on the screen, either.
That said, the 4G variant now settles with a MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor, which is paired with an acceptable 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. That’s not a lot of space, but you can add more via the microSD card slot.
We also have the screen, which now refreshes at 60Hz instead the A77 5G’s 90Hz. Still, it’s at 6.57-inches with only an HD+ pixel resolution.
OPPO also kept the same 5,000mAh battery capacity, 33W fast charging support, the Android 12 operating system with ColorOS 12.1 on top, and the same elegant design.
One upgrade it managed to have is the 50-megapixel main camera, versus the 5G’s 48-megapixels. It is joined by the obligatory 2-megapixel depth sensor and an 8-megapixel shooter on the front. No ultra-wide.
The OPPO A77 4G is available in India for a price of INR15,499 (around Php10,900). No word yet if it’s coming to the Philippines and other markets.
OPPO A77 4G Specs
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.56-inch HD+ IPS display, 1612 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- IMG GE8320 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- Thickness and Weight: 7.99mm/187g (Sky Blue), 8.04mm/189g (Sunset Orange)
- Colors: Sunset Orange, Sky Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery,33W SuperVOOC fast charging
The features are really amazing and along with the MediaTek processor, the OPPO A77 seems a promising 4G smartphone.