OPPO has brought a new 4G-only model to Southeast Asia. The all-new OPPO A78 4G comes out with a modern chipset, flagship-level charging, and other interesting specs.
The OPPO A78 4G shares a similar design to its 5G counterpart, but with noticeable differences on paper. For starters, it now uses a 4G-only Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor. It isn’t necessarily a downgrade, since, besides the processor, it actually has better specs than the former.
There’s the smaller yet sharper and more vibrant 6.43-inch AMOLED screen with an FHD+ pixel resolution. The 90Hz refresh rate was also kept.
It uses the same 5,000mAh battery but now has twice the charging speed with the 67W SUPERVOOC adapter.
The camera setup is the same, with a 50-megapixel main shooter, and 2-megapixel depth sensor on the back, and an 8-megapixel one on the front. A key visual upgrade is seen on the selfie camera, as it’s now in a punch-hole instead of a teardrop notch.
Of course, it will ship with ColorOS 13.1 that’s based on Android 13.
The OPPO A78 4G comes in an 8GB/256GB configuration for a price of IDR3,599,000 (~Php13,100) in Indonesia. No word yet if it’s also coming to the Philippines
OPPO A78 4G Specs
- Android 13, ColorOS 13.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.43-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 409ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (PDAF, f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160 x 73.2 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Aqua Green, Mist Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 67W SUPERVOOC charging