OPPO introduced an addition to its K-series in China, the K9s.
The new OPPO K9s is a cheaper alternative to the high-end K9 Pro 5G that came out last month. This one swaps the Dimensity 1200 with a more budget-friendly Snapdragon 778G processor, without losing 5G connectivity.
OPPO also kept the fast 120Hz refresh rate, but with an IPS panel instead of AMOLED. It’s protected by a Panda Glass — which is essentially Gorilla Glass’s competitor from China.
Going with an IPS panel also means that it has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner instead of an in-display one.
The battery is larger at 5,000mAh from 4,500mAh, but the charging speed was cut in half at 30W from 65W.
Meanwhile, the cameras look essentially the same. We still have a 64-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel macro. There’s a 16-megapixel shooter on the front for selfies.
The new OPPO K9s are available in China with a starting price of CNY1,699 (around Php13,500) for the 6GB/128GB, and CNY1,899 (around Php15,100) for the 8GB/128GB.
OPPO K9s Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.2
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.59-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2412 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, Panda Glass
- 2.4GHz Qualcoom Snapdragon 778G 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 642L GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.9 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 199g
- Colors: Aurora, Silver, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 30W fast charging