The OPPO Reno 4 SE have been unveiled in China as the cheapest model in its current Reno line.
As the name suggests, the OPPO Reno 4 SE is a more affordable option to the OPPO Reno 4 and 4 Pro China versions — but has does have a more appealing set of specs than the global versions, like the Reno 4 that we that’s available in the Philippines.
Unlike the Reno 4 Global’s Snapdragon 720G chipset, the Reno 4 SE is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor, which is rigged with 5G connectivity. There’s an 8GB memory for multitasking and an option between 128GB and 256GB of storage. You have to pick the right storage right away as it lacks a microSD card for future expansion.
It also has twice the charging speeds with its 65W SuperVOOC Flash Charge 2.0, which you’d be plugging in via the USB Type-C port to fill up its 4,300mAh battery. It should also work with 18W PD charging if you left the 65W charger at home.
The rest of the specs are pretty midrange-like. There’s a 6.54-inch FHD OLED screen on the front, with yesterday’s 60Hz refresh rate instead of 90Hz. But it does have a responsive 180Hz touch sampling rate.
There’s a punch-hole on the screen for the 32-megapixel selfie camera. On the back, we have a square glass for the triple camera in a 2×2 layout. It starts with a 48-megapixel main shooter, next to the 8-megapixel ultra-wide, a 2-megapixel macro below it, and the LED flash inside a uniform glass that’s disguised as a fourth camera.
The OPPO Reno 4 SE has an official price of CNY2,499 (around Php17,900) in China for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 8GB/256GB variant is at CNY2,799 (around Php20,000). It will be available starting September 25, while the international release details are yet to be announced.
OPPO Reno 4 SE Specs
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.43-inch FHD AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~409ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling, DCI-P3, sRGB,. 430-nits
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC3
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.0 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169g
- Colors: Blue, White, Black
- 4,300mAh non-removable battery, 65W SuperVOOC 2.0