Xiaomi’s popular POCO brand has brought a new high-end phone, the POCO F3 GT.
Just by the look itself, the POCO F3 GT means serious business. As you can see, it looks just like the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition that came out back in April. Besides the design, it shares a couple of key features.
The main one is the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 octa-core processor, partnered with dual-channel RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. Keeping it cool is a large vapor chamber with a graphene heat sink.
There’s a large, vibrant, and fast 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate and 10-bit colors on the front. It’s protected by Gorilla Glass 5 with a middle punch-hole for the selfie camera.
Around the back, there’s the aggressive gamer design, with unique accents surrounding the 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 2-megapixel macro. You can also spot the cool LED flash with the shape of lightning.
Below them is the 5,056mAh battery with a whopping 67W fast charging with an L-shaped yellow cable.
The device also features maglev shoulder triggers for games, which should be easier to press and more responsive. It’s available in two colors: Black and Silver. Xiaomi might release new colors in the future to spice things up.
The POCO F3 GT has a price of INR26,999 (around Php18,200) for the 6GB/128GB, INR28,999 (around Php19,600) for the 8GB/128GB, and INR30,999 (around Php20,900) for the 8GB/256GB.
It will be initially available in India on July 26 for a discounted price as low as Php25,999. Pricing and availability details in the Philippines are yet to be announced.
POCO F3 GT Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling
- HDR10+, 500-nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 3.0GHz MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) rear cameras, dual-tone flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Maglev pop-up shoulder triggers
- IP53 splash protection
- JBL-tunes stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.9 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 205g
- Colors: Black, Silver
- 5,065mAh non-removable battery, 67W fast charger