Xiaomi sub-brand Redmi has finally introduced its first gaming smartphone, the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition.
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition (roughly translated from Chinese) has the looks and features of a proper gaming phone. It has a unique for-gamers design that we’ve never seen before. You can spot the unique accents on the back, a distinct camera glass, and a cool LED flash in a lightning design.
It’s available in White, Grey, Black, and a Cyberpunk-like Yellow that’s actually called the Bruce Lee special edition.
Powering this device is a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor, which is cooled by a vapor chamber, graphite, and graphene materials.
The rest of the specs are your typical blown-out hardware for a gaming phone. There’s a large 6.67-inch screen with a vibrant AMOLED panel, fast 120Hz refresh rate, and 480Hz touch response. The screen also has extras like HDR10+, DCI-P3, and 10-bit color.
Redmi also spiced up the audio department. The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition has stereo speakers tuned by JBL. Hi-Res Audio and Dolby Atmos support are also present.
It has a 5,065mAh battery. Not the biggest, but it should be enough to last for hours of gaming. It then charges via a USB Type-C 67W charger. A full charge will only take 42 minutes.
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition has a starting price of CNY1,999 (around Php14,900) for the 6GB/128GB, CNY2,199 (around Php16,400) for the 8GB/128GB, CNY2,399 (around Php17,900) for the 8GB/256GB and 12GB/128GB, and CNY2,699 (around Php20,100) for the 12GB/256GB. The Bruce Lee special edition is only available for the top-tier variant. All models will be available in China this April 30.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling, HDR10+, DCI-P3
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 3.0GHz MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G octa-core processor
- Water cooling
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF) + 8-megapixel ultra-wide + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- JBL-tuned stereo speakers
- Hi-Res Audio, Dolby Atmos
- No headphone jack
- Physical trigger buttons
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.9 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 205g
- Colors: Bruce Lee Yellow, Silver, Gray, Black
- 5,065mAh non-removable battery, 67W fast charging