TECNO Mobile launched a new budget phone under its Camon series, the new TECNO Camon 17.
The TECNO Camon 17 has all the bells and whistles you’d expect on a 2021 smartphone. There’s a 90Hz screen, an enormous 5,000mAh battery, and a gaming-centric chipset with the Helio G85 processor.
But being a budget phone, the screen resolution is capped at HD+, the charging is at 18W, and the max RAM and storage configuration is at 6GB/128GB.
Like its siblings, the main highlight here is the cameras. There’s a 16-megapixel selfie snapper partnered with dual-tone flash and triple cameras on the back led by a 48-megapixel main shooter. Sadly, no ultra-wide or macro. The other three holes below the main camera are the AI lens, depth sensor, and an AI logo pretending to be a fourth camera.
The TECNO Camon 17 has a price of KSH22,799 (around Php10,200) for the 6GB/128GB model, while the SRP for the 4GB/128GB is yet to be announced. It will be initially available in Kenya while the release in the Philippines and other countries is yet to be known.
TECNO Camon 17 Specs
- Android 11, HiOS 7.6
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 265ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G85 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G52 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera, dual flash
- 48-megapixel + AI Lens + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.95mm
- Colors: Tranquil Green, Deep Sea Black, Frost Silver
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W charging