Xiaomi sub-brand POCO just launched two new powerful smartphones. One of them is the new POCO F4.
The POCO F4 inherits the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor that its predecessor have. The chip may be a little old, it has the bragging right of having one of the highest clock speeds on a mobile chipset. It was also built on a power-efficient 7nm process, LiquidCool Technology 2.0, and of course, 5G connectivity.
To complement the powerful processor, the F4 also has a fast 120Hz refresh rate with a responsive 360Hz touch sampling rate. It is a Samsung E4 AMOLED panel that spans at 6.67-inches and has a FHD+ pixel resolution.
Also onboard are HDR10+ certification and Dolby Vision for the best viewing experience. Color accuracy should also be great with its TrueColor feature.
A punch-hole in the middle holds the 20-megapixel selfie camera. On the back, we have a 64-megapixel main camera with optical image stabilization (OIS), the first in the line to ever have one.
Usual inclusions such as an 8-megapixel ultra-wide and 2-megapixel macro lenses are also included.
The battery may not be the biggest, but the 4,500mAh capacity should still be enough to last you for a day. The best part is, it comes with a 67W turbo charger, which can provide a full charge in only 38 minutes.
Also onboard are dual speakers for a stereo setup with Dolby Atmos, an X-axis linear motor for better haptics, an IR blaster to control non-smart devices, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner instead of an in-display one despite the OLED panel.
The POCO F4 comes in 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB variants for a price of Php20,990 and Php22,990 in the Philippines, respectively. Starting June 30, you can both variants with an early-bird discount of Php4,000.
POCO F4 Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13 for POCO
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 120Hz dynamic refresh rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- TrueColor, 1300-nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3
- 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G octa-core processor
- LiquidCool Technology 2.0
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Hi-Res audio, Hi-Res wireless
- X-axis linear motors
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- tri-band GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.2 x 76 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 195g
- Colors: Nebula Green, Night Black, Moonlight Silver
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 67W fast charging