After weeks of leaks and teasers, the POCO M3 Pro 5G have been finally introduced.
Like its cousins, the POCO M3 Pro 5G is made to impress, starting with its all-new design. It has a shiny back panel with a large POCO logo. You can get it in Power Black, Cool Blue, and the vibrant POCO Yellow color.
Bringing the latest 5G technology is the MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor. This chip can offer up to 2.77Gbps of download speeds and has two Cortex-A76 cores and a Mali-G57 GPU.
You should feel the processor speed on its 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD screen. This one has a DynamicSwitch feature that jumps to a 90Hz refresh rate when gaming, 60Hz on video streaming, 50Hz on static, and 30Hz on video playback.
The POCO M3 Pro 5G also has two ambient light sensors: one in front and one on the back, for better automatic screen brightness adjustment.
This new release sure is a big upgrade over the vanilla POCO M3. However, the battery is smaller at 5,000mAh battery versus the 6,000mAh of the former. The charging speed is the same at 18W, with a 22.5W adapter included in the box.
Xiaomi obviously tried to pack a lot of power on this device, which is possibly the reason why it didn’t get to have an ultra-wide camera like everyone else. Instead, we only have a 48-megapixel main shooter, a depth sensor, and a macro camera. There’s an 8-megapixel sensor on the front for selfies.
For a cleaner look, POCO went with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. There’s also an IR blaster on the top — a standard issue on Xiaomi phones. Some regions will also get the M3 Pro 5G with NFC.
It also looks like the POCO M3 Pro 5G will come with POCO stickers in the box if you want to brag about what phone you’re using.
The POCO M3 Pro 5G has a price of EUR179 (around Php10,500) for the 4GB/64GB, while the 6GB/128GB is at EUR199 (around Php11,600). It will be available this May 20 in select markets through Amazon, Goboo, and AliExpress.
Meanwhile, the release details in markets like the Philippines shall be announced soon, so stay tuned for that.
POCO M3 Pro 5G Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 404ppi
- DynamicSwitch refresh rate (30Hz/50Hz/60Hz/90Hz), 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor, f/2.4) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack, Hi-Res Audio Certified
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC( select markets)
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.81 x 75.34 x 8.92mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Power Black, Cool Blue, POCO Yellow
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging support, 22.5W charger included