POCO has introduced a new midrange device, the POCO M5, and the Philippines are one of the first countries to have it.
The POCO M5 boasts a brand new MediaTek Helio G99 octa-core processor. A 5G-less chipset that’s made from a power-efficient 6nm process and is paired with a Mali-G57 MC2 GPU. You can get it with up to 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of fast UFS 2.2 storage.
On the front, we have a standard 6.58-inch FHD+ screen that’s protected by an unknown Corning Gorilla Glass version. Of course, it has a 90Hz refresh rate that instantly drops to 30Hz or 60Hz when you’re gaming, watching videos, or just scrolling to conserve battery.
It also has a 240Hz touch sampling rate for improved responsiveness when playing games. Plus, DC Dimming, Sunlight Mode, and Reading Mode for an optimized viewing experience.
Like a lot of devices in its class, the M5 has a 5,000mAh battery that can apparently do 15 hours of gaming. Charging is done via the included 22.5W adapter, albeit the device itself only supports 18W.
On the back, we have a triple camera setup led by a 50-megapixel primary shooter. The second large lens is for the 2-megapixel macro lens, while the small one is for the obligatory depth sensor.
It then has a wide glass that holds the cameras and the POCO logo. It sits on a leather-like back panel that’s available in three interesting colors: Yellow, Green, and Black.
Also onboard are the NFC, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, IR blaster, and Android 12-based MIUI 13 for POCO interface.
The POCO M5 has an SRP of Php9,499 and Php10,499 for the 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB models, respectively. Come September 7, you can get them in Lazada for a discounted price of Php7,399 and Php8,799, respectively.
POCO M5 Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13 for POCO
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 90Hz Dynamic Refresh Rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass, DC Dimming
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Helio G99 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Single loudspeaker
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.99 x 76.09 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 201g
- Colors: Yellow, Green, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W charging support, 22.5W adapter included