Xiaomi just introduced the POCO M5s. As the name suggests, it will be a feature-packed entry-level smartphone.
If it looks familiar, that’s because the POCO M5s is a rebranded Redmi Note 10S that already arrived in the Philippines in June 2021.
That said, this one is still powered by a MediaTek Helio G95 processor, with an option between 4GB and 6GB of RAM and 64GB and 128GB of expandable storage.
On the front, we have a 6.43-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It also gets to have a stereo speaker setup for audio
As a standard, the M5s has a 5,000mAh battery with fast 33W charging support.
A quad-camera setup is led by a sharp 64-megapixel main camera and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide. Selfies are handled by a 13-megapixel shooter on the front.
The POCO M5s has a price of Php9,999 for the 4GB/64GB model while the 6GB/128GB is at Php10,899. They will be available starting September 7 at Shopee for a discounted price of Php8,599 and Php9,999, respectively. Alternatively, you can check out the also-new POCO M5.
POCO M5s Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.43-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 409ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G95 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Mali-G76 MC4 GPU
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (PDAF, f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras
- Stereo speakers, Headphone jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.46 x 74.5 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 178.8g
- Colors: Blue, White, Grey
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging