As a new marketing strategy, smartphone manufacturers are racing to achieve the fastest charging speed they can offer in a market-ready smartphone to beat competitors. Today, Realme won the race with the Realme GT3.
Xiaomi kinda ruined the party for Realme when they demoed a working 300W mobile charger. However, it is yet to be available to the market — the new Realme GT3 already is.
This device boasts a whopping 240W charging tech, which can fully charge its 4,600mAh battery in only 9 minutes and 30 seconds. It uses three 100W charging chips while the power is supplied by dual GaN chargers packed in the same size as Realme’s 150W adapter from last year.
And since no one has achieved such speed before, the device is also the first to have a 12A USB cable.
The device also has a gigantic 6,580mm² vapor chamber that helps cool both the battery when charging as well as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor. To ensure everything is safe, it comes with 13 temperature sensors.
Moreover, the charging doesn’t instantly go 240W all the time. Instead, it has different modes: travel, sleep, and in-car, which automatically sets the safest charging speed. Realme also boasts that the battery can retain 80% of its health after 1,600 charging cycles.
Another highlight feature is the new “Pulse Interface System”, which is a C-shaped RGB light at the back, right next to the camera bump. It’s essentially an indicator for charging, notifications, a countdown for the timer, and more.
If you haven’t noticed, the GT3 is a rebranded GT Neo 5 that came out in China last month. Hence, it has the same 6.74-inch AMOLED screen at 144Hz, a 50-megapixel main camera, a 2-megapixel microscope, and an Android 13-based Realme UI 4.0 interface.
The Realme GT3 has a starting price of EUR649 (~Php38,000) and will be available in select markets starting in May. It comes in tons of configurations: 8GB/128GB, 12GB/256GB, 16GB/256GB, 16GB/512GB, and 16GB/1TB. Which variants are coming to the Philippines is yet to be known.
Realme GT Neo 5 Specs
- Android 13, Realme UI 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.74-inch 2K AMOLED display, 2772 x 1240 pixel resolution, 451ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 1,500Hz touch sampling
- HDR10+, 100% DCI-P3 coverage
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB/16GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB/1TB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Rear RGB LED lighting
- Stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- dual-band GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QSS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.8 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 199g
- Colors: Black, White
- 4,600mAh non-removable battery, 240W fast charging