Realme has released a new smartphone that pushes the envelope in charging speeds. Check out the new Realme GT Neo 5.
The new Realme GT Neo 5 comes in two flavors. The 240W version has the fastest charging speed on any smartphone to date. Realme claims that it can charge the 4,800mAh battery from 0-20% in just 80 seconds, with the full charge only taking less than 10 minutes.
You can also get the 150W version, which enjoys a bigger 5,000mAh battery. This version has also flexible options between 8GB, 12GB, or 16GB of RAM, albeit all will come with the same 256GB of storage.
The 240W model has a single 16GB RAM option, but you can pick between 256GB or 1TB of storage.
Another one unique feature is the rectangle RGB LED light on the back, which acts as a notification indicator and can be customized for different apps. It can also show battery status as it turns red when you drop to 20%.
The GT Neo 5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor. Not the current best, but is still one of the most powerful mobile chips around. This one is attached to an 8-component cooling solution, which also helps prevent ultra-fast charging to overheat.
On the front, we have a large 6.74-inch AMOLED screen with 10-bit color, 144Hz refresh rate, and an extra responsive 1,500Hz touch sampling rate.
A 16-megapixel Samsung sensor is on top for selfies. On the back, there’s a 50-megapixel IMX890 with OIS that acts as a main camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 2-megapixel macro.
The Realme GT Neo 5 240W with 16GB/256GB and 16GB/1TB configurations have a price of CNY3,199 (~Php25,600) and CNY3,499 (~Php28,00), respectively. Meanwhile, the 150W variant has a price of CNY2,499 (~Php20,00) for the 8GB/256GB, CNY2,699 (~Php21,600) for the 12GB/256GB, while the 16GB/256GB is at CNY2,899 (~Php23,200). It initially arrives in China, while release details in markets like the Philippines are yet to be known.
Realme GT Neo 5 Specs
- Android 13, Realme UI 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.74-inch 2K AMOLED display, 2772 x 1240 pixel resolution, 451ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 1,500Hz touch sampling
- HDR10+, 100% DCI-P3 coverage
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB/16GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 256GB/1TB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Rear RGB LED lighting
- Stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- dual-band GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QSS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.8 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 199g
- Colors: Purple, Black, White
- 4,600mAh battery, 240W fast charging / 5,000mAh battery, 150W fast charging