realme just announced its most powerful smartphone to date, the realme GT5. It boasts a couple of ludicrous numbers, especially in the RAM and charging department.
The realme GT5 comes in two models with different charging speeds, battery, and RAM and storage configurations. The 150W with 5,240mAh battery comes in 12GB/256GB and 16GB/512GB options, while the top-tier 240W with 4,600mAh has a whopping 24GB of RAM and 1TB of storage.
Other than that, everything else is the same. Both versions of the realme GT5 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 attached to a 9-layer cooling system with 20,827mm² vapor chamber.
On the front, we have a 6.74-inch AMOLED screen with a 2772 x 1240 pixel resolution. It offers 10-bit color, 144Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color coverage, a 1,400-nit peak brightness, and 2160Hz PWM dimming. This beefy display is powered with the help of a dedicated X7 display chip that uses frame insertion tech to improve FPS in games.
As for the cameras, we have a 50-megapixel IMX890 sensor from Sony that’s 1/1.56-inch in size, with OIS, f/1.9 aperture, and a 24mm equivalent lens. It is joined by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide shooter and a 2-megapixel macro.
Next to the camera array is an LED light with the Snapdragon logo in the middle. It can show 26 different colors with 5 levels of adjustable brightness. A 16-megapixel sensor is on the front for selfies.
realme also threw in a pair of speakers with Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio, an X-axis linear motor, and a fast in-display fingerprint scanner.
It can accommodate two 5G SIMs at once, has WiFi 7 support, the latest Bluetooth 5.3, and tri-band GPS.
The realme GT5 will be first available in China for a price of CNY2,999 (~Php23,400) and CNY3,299 (~Php25,700) for the 150W/12GB/256GB and 150W/16GB/512GB versions, respectively. The 240W/24GB/1TB will come in at CNY3,799 (~Php29,600). Release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
realme GT5 Specs
- Android 13, realme UI 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.74-inch AMOLED display, 2772 x 1240 pixel resolution, 451ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 2160Hz PWM dimming
- 10-bit color, 100% DCI-P3 color coverage
- 1,400-nit peak brightness
- 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 octa-core processor
- 9-layer cooling system, 20,827mm² vapor chamber
- 12GB/16GB (150W) | 24GB (240W) UFS 4.0 RAM
- Adreno 740 GPU
- 256GB/512GB (150W) | 1TB (240W) UFS 4.0 storage, non expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (IMX890, f/1.9, PDAF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Hi-Res audio
- Rear LED light
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 7, tri-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- Tri-band GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 75.4 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 205g
- Colors: Starry Oasis, Flowing Silver
- 5,240mAh battery, 150W charging | 4,600mAh battery, 240W charging