Realme intros an addition to the Q series, a line of upscaled midrange smartphones with some premium features and sleek design. Here’s the brand-new Realme Q5i.
For starters, the Realme Q5i features a compact 8.1mm build. It may not be the thinnest, but it does have a fancy kevlar fiber texture. It also has flat edges, a continuing trend in the smartphone market.
The design on the back is similar to the V23 that was then based on the Realme 7 series. It has two large lenses for the cameras, but it doesn’t light up when you receive notifications, unlike OPPO’s latest midrangers.
Oddly enough, the cameras are a little underwhelming. It only has a 13-megapixel main shooter and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, there’s a waterdrop notch on top of the screen for the 8-megapixel selfie snapper.
The cameras might have taken some beating, but everything else looks interesting. For one, it boasts a colorful AMOLED panel with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate and sharp FHD+ pixel resolution.
Realme also wigged it with 33W Dart fast charging for the 4,800mAh battery.
Under the hood, it’s powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 810 octa-core processor. It’s clocked at 2.4GHz, has support for UFS 2.2 storage, virtual RAM expansion, and since it’s built on a 6nm process, it should be power-efficient, too.
The chipset also brings Smart 5G connectivity, which apparently makes it 30% more power-efficient. SA/NSA is also present. For software, it ships with the latest Android 12 OS with Realme UI 3.0 on top.
Those who are in China can now pre-order the Realme Q5i for a price of CNY1,199 (around Php9,900) for the 4GB/128GB and CNY1,299 (around Php10,700) for the 6GB/128GB. If we’re lucky, we might see this device in the Philippines as a rebranded release.
Realme Q5i Specs
- Android 12, Relame UI 3.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling
- 600-nits peak brightness
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM, +5G via virtual RAM expansion
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (F/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- Smart 5G, SA/NSA
- USB Type-C
- Thickness: 8.1mm
- Colors: Blue, Black
- 4,800mAH non-removable battery, 33W Dart fast charging