The year has just started but Samsung already has something in-store for the consumers. Just recently, the South Korean tech giant released their latest smartphone — the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite.
Just as the name presents, the phone is a budget version of their 2019 flagship Galaxy S10 and S10+ devices. Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite offers nothing too much to beat out its predecessors but still good enough to compete with other mid-range handsets released before the end of 2019.
The smartphone features a large 6.7-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 2400×1080 (394ppi) resolution and a punch-hole front-facing camera in the upper-middle. It runs the same Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor like its older siblings but has 6GB/8GB RAM variants. The device is based on Android 10.0 with 128GB internal storage that is expandable via microSD up to 1TB.
In terms of camera, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite features a triple-rear camera setup with a 48-megapixel wide-angle camera as its main shooter, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide lens with 123-degree angle, and a 5-megapixel macro camera for portrait setup. In addition, the camera of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has the new Super Steady OIS for better photo and video stability. It also has an improved 32-megapixel front-facing camera.
Another significant upgrade of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite is its larger 4,500mAh battery with super fast charging. It promises a longer battery life compared to its 2019 siblings. The phone also features an on-screen fingerprint scanner and facial recognition.
Samsung has yet to disclose the price of the Galaxy S10 Lite but assures that the device will be available at an “accessible price point”. No information has been provided regarding the release dates or where the it will be sold. It is expected to debut in Mobile World Congress 2020 (MWC) next month alongside the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite.
Samsung S10 Lite Specs
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display, 2400×1080 resolution, ~394ppi
- 87.8% screen-to-body ratio, Always On Display
- Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz)
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB internal storage expandable via microSD up to 1TB.
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 12-megapixel (OIS, f/2.2) + 48-megapixel (ultra wide) + 5-megapixel (macro camera) triple rear cameras
- [email protected], [email protected]/60fps (gyro-EIS), [email protected] video recording
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Blue
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 75.6 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- 4,500 mAh non-removable battery, super fast battery charging