Sony is back with the Sony Xperia 1 mark IV, which could possibly be the smartphone with the most advanced set of cameras.
One of the main upgrades to the Sony Xperia 1 IV is its new continuous optical zoom. It has an 85mm to 125mm equivalent that offers 2.5-5x optical magnification. This lens sits on a 12-megapixel sensor, the same one found on the other two cameras.
The main shooter with a 24mm lens sits on optical image stabilization (OIS) and is 1/1.7-inch in size. The sensor on the ultra-wide lens is at 1/2.5-inches. While the one on the said telephoto shooter is at 1/3.5-inches and has OIS and autofocus.
Like a real camera, it has a two-stage shutter button that ensures your focus is locked in before you snap the photo.
The Xperia 1 IV can shoot 4K videos at 120fps, has Optical SteadyShot with FlawlessEye, eye autofocus, real-time object tracking, image stacking for improved dynamic range, and 20fps burst.
Sony also rigged it with an RGB sensor for better colors and white balance. Oh, and of course, we have a 3D Time-of-Flight depth sensor for better portrait mode shots.
On the front, we have an improved 12-megapixel selfie snapper that uses a 1/2.9-inch ExmorRS sensor that can shoot 4K video with HDR.
Unlike most Android phones, it sits on a traditional bezel, albeit it’s noticeably thin for a cleaner look. It sits on top of its fancy 6.5-inch AMOLED screen, with a 120Hz refresh rate, and unnecessarily sharp 4K pixel resolution.
The rest of the specs are nothing short of powerful. Being a true-blooded flagship, it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It would be nice to see a 512GB or 1TB option, considering the large image/video files you’d be taking from this thing.
Keeping the lights on is a 5,000mAh battery with a 30W adapter that can provide a 50%charge in half an hour.
Sony has also created a couple of special accessories for creative work. There’s a vlog monitor and a shooting grip that doubles as a mini tripod with built-in buttons.
The Sony Xperia 1 IV, to no one’s surprise, has a whopping price tag of EUR1,399 (around Php77,200) in Europe. It will soon be available for pre-order in the said region while the official price and availability details here in the Philippines are yet to be announced.
Sony Xperia 1 IV Specs
- Android 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby, Hybrid
- 6.5-inch 4K OLED display, 3840 x 1080 pixel resolution, 643ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 256GB/512GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 12-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/1.7, 1/1.7-inch, dual-pixel PDAF, OIS) + 12-megapixel (3.5x-5.2x telephoto, dual-pixel PDAF, 1/3.5-inch, OIS) + 12-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2, 1/2.5-inch) rear cameras, LED flash
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- ZEISS optics, ZEISS T* lens coating
- Stereo speakers
- Dynamic Vibration System
- Headphone jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Native Sony Alpha camera support
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 165 x 71 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 185g
- Colors: Black, White, Purple
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 30W fast charging, fast wireless charging, reverse wireless charging
can you tell me where can i possibly order this phone?
not gonna happen since Sony no longer sells their phones in the philippines