Recent Sony smartphones are some of the most underrated in the market — possibly including this latest one, the Sony Xperia 5 II.
Unlike most flagship phones in the market, the Sony Xperia 5 II has a sleek build with its tall 21:9 aspect ratio screen, curved corners, and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. And unlike other Sony smartphones, this latest Xperia device highlights its gaming capabilities.
Staying true to its flagship status, the 6.5-inch OLED screen has HDR support and a Creator Mode that displays colors in films like what directors intended to. Although, it only has an FHD+ resolution.
Of course, it will have a smooth 120Hz refresh rate with a responsive 240Hz touch sampling. It’s then powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 — the standard model, not the Plus. It’s then bundled with a generous 8GB of RAM and 256GB of expandable storage.
The cameras are quite similar. There are three 12-megapixel sensors on the back with different lens variations. The main one has the regular 24mm FoV that has an OIS and f/1.7 aperture. We also have an ultra-wide shooter with Dual-Pixel AF, and a 70mm lens that’s capable of 3x zoom.
We then have a 4,000mAh battery with a disappointing-for-this-era 18W fast charger. Although, you can use a more powerful 21W charger if you have one. On the upside, it has a new Battery Care and H.S. (heat suppression) features that reduce battery degradation.
The Sony Xperia 5 II has an official price of USD949 (around Php46,000) with pre-orders starting on September 29 and will ship all the way on December 4. Pre-order units will get USD399 worth of freebies that includes a gaming headset, 10,000mAh power bank, and 21,600 Call of Duty Mobile in-game points.
Sony is also releasing a stand cover and style cover for the Xperia 5 II.
Sony Xperia 5 II Specs
- Android 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.1-inch OLED display, 2520 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~449ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling
- HDR BT.2020, Creator Mode, X-Reality Engine, Triluminos
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 (front and back)
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/1.7, Dual PIXL PDAF, OIS) + 12-megapixel (ultra-wide, Dual-pixel PDAF) + 12-megapixel (telephoto, 2x zoom, OIS, PDAF) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158 x 68 x 8mm
- Weight: 163g
- Colors: Pink, Blue, Grey, Black
- 4,000mAh battery, 18W charger included, 21W charging support