A new member of Realme’s midrange line was just released. Meet the Realme 7i.
UPDATE: It’s launching in PH on October 21. More details here.
As the name suggests, the Realme 7i is a cheaper option to the Realme 7 and 7 Pro that came out last month. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor, a downgrade to the MediaTek Helio G95 of the vanilla Realme 7.
On the upside, Realme was able to keep the 90Hz refresh rate screen and a punch-hole on the top left for the selfie camera. But this time, the 6.5-inch screen only has an HD+ pixel resolution.
Realme also rellocated the side-mounted fingerprint scanner to the back. The quad cameras, led by a 64-megapixel and 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensors, are in an L-shaped orientation. We also appreciate the brand new design that the Realme 7i have.
Just like most budget phones, the 7i has a generous 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging. It also runs on Android 10 with Realme UI on top.
Realme 7i Specs
- Android 10, Realme UI
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, ~270ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.3) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.1 x 75.5 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Polar Blue, Aurora Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging
The Realme 7i has an official price of IDR3,199,000 (around Php10,400) and will be available in Indonesia starting September 18. Its release details here in the Philippines and other markets are yet to be announced.