Sony is bringing their 21:9 displays to more devices with the introduction of the Sony Xperia 8.
Just like the Xperia 10 and 10 Plus, the Sony Xperia 8 will feature a large 21:9 screen, the same aspect ratio used in most films. The display itself is at 6-inches, with an FHD+ resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The type of panel used was not mentioned, but we expect it to be an IPS one, just like what its brothers have.
The device runs on a midrange Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor, with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. It also has a slightly uninspiring 2,760mAh battery.
Unlike most devices in its category, the Sony Xperia 8 settles for a dual-camera setup on the back. What we have here are 12-megapixel + 8-megapixel sensors, while on the front we have an 8-megapixel camera for selfies.
The Sony Xperia 8 will be available this month in Japan for JPY54,000 (~Php26,700).
Sony Xperia 8 Specs
- Android 9 Pie
- 6-inch FHD+ display
- 21:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 508 GPU
- 64GB internal storage
- Side Sense (Power button/Fingerprint scanner)
- 4G LTE
- Headphone jack
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158 x 69 x 8.1mm
- Colors: Orange, Blue, Black, White
- 2,760mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging