Sony announced that its latest flagship smartphone has officially landed in the Philippines.
The Xperia XZ2 is a pretty capable high-end smartphone with internals on par with the Galaxy S9. Up front, there is Sony’s trademark TRILUMINOS HDR display technology with Full HD+ resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, and 424 pixes-per-inch.
It’s running on the most powerful Qualcomm chipset to date, the 10nm Snapdragon 845. Assisting in handling intensive tasks is Adreno 630 GPU and 4GB of RAM. Onboard storage is limited to only 64GB, but it can be expanded up to a whopping 400GB by using a microSD.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Single/Dual SIM, nano
- 5.7-inch FHD+ TRILUMINOS Display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB UFS internal storage, expandable via microSDCX up to 400GB
- 5-megapixel 1/5-inch front camera, f/2.2
- 19-megapixel Motion Eye rear camera, 1/2.3-inch sensor, LED flash
- 4K HDR video recording, 960fps slow-motion
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP65/68 water resistant
- 4G LTE Cat. 18
- GPS, GLONASS, A-GNSS
- WiFi, Miracast
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB 3.1 Gen 1
- PS4 remote play
- Dimensions: 153 x 72 x 11.1mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Liquid Silver, Liquid Black, Ash Pink, Deep Green
- Battery: 3180mAh
- Qnovo adaptive charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Sony Xperia XZ2 has a price of Php43,990 and it will be available in the Philippines starting next month. Those who are going to pre-order until May 6 will get Php5,000 worth of freebies. They are the free wireless Bluetooth headphones, USB Type-C 2-in-1 cable, clear cover.