Filipino mobile brand Starmobile has unveiled its latest affordable smartphone with a large battery – Starmobile UP Rave.
The Starmobile UP Rave joins the growing UP family of Android phones. Its main attraction is its hefty battery capacity, a department where most other Starmobile handsets struggled with.
On top of that, it’s powered by a MediaTek MT6580 chipset, Mali-450MP and 1GB of RAM. Nothing special, but enough for casual users. Tasks like browsing the web, playing games, social networking, and more can be done on this device. It’s got a 5-inch HD screen and fingerprint scanner at the back for added security.
Starmobile UP Rave Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby (micro, nano)
- 5-inch HD IPS display, 1280×720 pixel resolution
- 1.3GHz MediaTek 6580 quad-core processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 3G, HSPA+
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, fixed focus
- Bluetooth, FM Radio
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 141.5 x 69.7 x 10.4 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- 4000mAh battery
Because of the massive battery, the Rave is quite heavy and bulky than the average smartphone. While that’s certainly a drawback for average consumers, power users would be glad to trade a bit of size and weight for additional longevity.
Starmobile UP Rave is priced at Php4,290 and it will be available starting next week at Starmobile concept stores, kiosks, and authorized dealers nationwide.