TECNO has a new big-battery budget phone launched abroad, the Pova Neo.
The new TECNO Pova Neo has an enormous 6.8-inch HD+ screen with a 120Hz touch sampling — don’t get that confused with refresh rate as the term is for the display’s sensitivity to touches.
That screen is large enough to accommodate the equally gigantic 6,000mAh battery, which is paired with an 18W USB Type-C charger.
Around the back, we have a pretty edgy design that comes in three colors: Light Blue, Black, and, well, Black again but slightly lighter.
There’s a large island on the back that houses a 13-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The third circle is just a dummy.
And since it’s an entry-level device, the Pova Neo runs on the aging MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor, with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage.
The TECNO Pova Neo came out in Nigeria for NGN72,500 (around Php8,900). No word yet if it will arrive in the Philippines and other markets.
TECNO Pova Neo Specs
- Android 11, HiOS 7.6
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.8-inch HD+ IPS display, 1640 x 720 pixel resolution, 263ppi
- 120Hz touch sampling
- 1.8GHz MediaTek Helio Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- PowerVR GE8320
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, Quad-LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 171.39 x 77.25 x 9.1mm
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging