TECNO Mobile subtly launched the Spark 8 in Nigeria.
It looks like the TECNO Spark 8 is your typical entry-level smartphone. It’s powered by an aging MediaTek Helio P22 processor, 6.5-inch HD+ screen, 5,000mAh battery, and a 10W charger that plugs via a microUSB port.
It then runs on power-efficient Android 11 Go edition, with the company’s own HiOS 7.6 interface on top.
To compensate, the device features a quite unique and ultra-shiny design on the back. There’s the phrase “Stop at Nothing” written distinctively, with the fingerprint scanner placed way up high, which might make it harder to reach.
The Spark 8 is available in Nigeria for NGN50,000 (around Php6,000). It should arrive in other markets soon, too.
TECNO Spark 8 Specs
- Android 11 Go edition, HiOS 7.6
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- 16-megapixel + QVGA rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging