The iQOO U1 has just been announced as the Vivo sub-brand’s latest midrange offering.
With the Vivo iQOO U1, you’re getting a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor, a downgrade from the Snapdragon 765G of the iQOO Z1x 5G. You can get it with either 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, and 8GB/128GB of RAM and storage options.
Unlike its siblings, the iQOO U1 doesn’t have a high refresh rate screen. It has a regular 60Hz 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD display, with a punch-hole on the top left for the 8-megapixel selfie camera.
On the back, we have three cameras. There’s the 48-megapixel main shooter, 2-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth sensor. The iQOO U1 has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for a cleaner look.
The Vivo iQOO U1 has a large 4,500mAh battery with 18W fast charging. But oddly enough, it comes with a microUSB port instead of Type-C.
Moreover, it runs on iQOO’s own Android 10-based iQOO UI, with Game Space and Multi-Turbo software technologies for an improved gaming experience.
Those who are in China can order the Vivo iQOO U1 starting June 23. Pricing starts at CNY1,198 (around Php8,500) for the 6GB/64GB model, CNY1,398 (around Php9,900) for the 6GB/128GB, and CNY1,598 (around Php11,300) for the top 8GB/128GB model.
Vivo iQOO U1 Specs
- Android 10, iQOO UI
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, 394ppi
- 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G octa-core procesor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS
- Dimensions: 162.05 x 76.61 x 8.46mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Black, Blue, White
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 18W Dual Engine fast charging