Vivo’s iQOO line gets a new midrange member, the Vivo iQOO U3.
The Vivo iQOO U3 bears the specs and features you’d expect from a 2020 midrange device. It’s powered by a MediaTek 800U processor, with liquid cooling and 5G connectivity. It also has a generous 5,000mAh battery that charges using an 18W USB Type-C charger.
On the front, there’s an enormous 6.58-inch LCD screen, with a fast 90Hz refresh rate and a responsive 180Hz touch sampling rate. We don’t get an in-display fingerprint scanner, but it does have a side-mounted one for a cleaner look.
The camera design on the back is similar to the Vivo V20 series. It consists of a 48-megapixel main camera and a depth sensor. An LED flash completes the trifecta. We then have a waterdrop notch on the front for the 20-megapixel selfie snapper.
Pre-orders will start on December 14 in China, while its availability in other markets is yet to be announced. The Vivo iQOO U3 has a price of CNY1,498 (around Php10,900) for the 6GB/128GB model, while the 8GB/128GB is at CNY1,698 (around Php12,500).
Vivo iQOO U3 Specs
- Android 10, iQOO UI
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 400ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 800U octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.4 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 185.5g
- Colors: Aurora, White, Gray
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging