Vivo has officially unveiled the X21, the company’s latest addition to its growing family of smartphones.
Unlike previous releases, it seems like Vivo is really determined in taking its level up a notch with impressive improvements all around. Not only that they’re using a Qualcomm chipset now, but they even got something that comes with a dedicated Artificial Intelligence (AI) chip built-in.
Another reason to get excited about the Vivo X21 is its use of a 6.28-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio. The bezels on the sides are extremely narrow, as well as the bezels on the top and bottom. In fact, this setup resulted in a 90.3% screen-to-body ratio — one of the highest in the world right today.
UPDATE: The official price in the Philippines is Php29,999.
Vivo is catching up in terms of software updates as this new handset will be shipping with Android 8.1 Oreo straight out of the box. There’s also FunTouch OS 4.0 on top, which is headlined by its new AI features and performance enhancements.
Vivo X21 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid, nano)
- 6.28-inch Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display, 2280 × 1080 pixel resolution, ~401ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 6B RAM
- 64GB / 128GB onboard storage
- Expandable storage up to 256GB via microSD
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), WiFi hotspot
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8 aperture) + 5-megapixel (f/2.4 aperture) rear cameras with LED flash
- 12-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip, 3.5mm audio jack
- HSPA+, 4G VoLTE
- Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm
- Weight: 156.2g
- 3200mAh non-removable battery with fast charging
The Vivo X21 will come in two flavors: a standard model and another with an under-display fingerprint scanner. Color choices are Ruby Red, Black, and Aurora White.
The standard 6GB/64GB Vivo X21 is priced at CNY2,899 (~Php23,900), while the model with bigger storage costs CNY3,198 (~Php26,400). For those who fancy the Vivo X21 with the under-display fingerprint sensor, it will be sold for CNY3,598 (~Php29,700) beginning March 27.