Vivo Philippines brings a new entry-level phone into the country, the Vivo Y01.
The Vivo Y01 features a couple of outdated specs, even for a budget phone. For starters, it’s powered by a 3-year-old Helio P35 from MediaTek. It’s joined by an underwhelming 2GB RAM and 32GB of expandable storage.
It comes with a standard 6.51-inch HD+ IPS screen, with a waterdrop notch for the 5-megapixel selfie camera. While on the back, we have a single 8-megapixel shooter.
To keep things running as smooth as possible, despite the underwhelming hardware, the Y01 comes with Android 11 Go edition with the brand’s Funtouch OS 11.1 interface on top. On the upside, it ships with a generous 5,000mAh battery, although charges via a 10W microUSB charger.
The Vivo Y01 retails for Php5,299. It’s now available in physical stores nationwide, with the first 1,000 customers getting free FOMEE earphones. For online sales, it will be first available on Shopee starting April 30 and will then hit Lazada two weeks after.
Vivo Y01 Specs
- Android 11 Go Edition, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 8-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM radio
- microUSB, OTG
- Dimensions: 163.96 x 75.2 x 8.28mm
- Weight: 178g
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Elegant Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W fast charging