It looks like Vivo’s strategy in the entry-level market is to put out a lot of smartphones to make the most possible money. This is the reason why we have the Vivo Y21e.
Vivo also included its Extended RAM 2.0 technology on the Y21e. But unlike other smartphones with this virtual RAM expansion technology, it only adds 0.5GB of space on its 3GB memory. That extra RAM came from the 64GB of internal storage.
It has flat edges, a trend that’s starting to make a comeback on modern smartphones. In an attempt to spice things up, the device comes in a Diamond Glow color with distinct patterns on the back.
Vivo highlights that it’s 8mm thin. Not the thinnest in the market, and that’s excluding the camera bump.
Speaking of cameras, we only have a 13-megapixel main camera in the back, along with the obligatory 2-megapixel sensor. We then have an 8-megapixel selfie camera on top of the 6.51-inch HD+ screen on the front.
India gets first dibs on the Vivo Y21e for INR12,990 (around Php8,900).
Vivo Y21e Specs
- Android 12, FuntouchOS 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM + 0.5GB virtual RAM expansion
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.26 x 76.08 x 8mm
- Weight: 182g
- Colors: Diamond Glow, Midnight Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging