Another week, another new Vivo Y-series device. This time, we have the Vivo Y22s.
The Vivo Y22s uses a similar recipe we’ve seen on other new budget smartphones. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor — one of the few remaining modern chips that still lacks 5G connectivity to keep the price down.
For multitasking, the Y22s comes with a standard 8GB of RAM, while the storage is at 128GB. If that’s not enough, you expand it via the microSD card slot.
On the front, we have an apt 6.55-inch IPS LCD screen, albeit it only has an HD+ resolution instead of the sharper FHD+.
The good ol’ waterdrop notch on top of the screen holds the 8-megapixel selfie camera. While on the back, there are two large lenses — a design choice we’re seeing in more devices today. Anyway, those hold the 50-megapixel main camera and another 2-megapixel sensor.
Keeping the lights on is a 5,000mAh battery paired with the usual 18W charger. It also comes with the latest Android 12 operating system with Vivo’s Funtouch 12 interface on top.
The Vivo Y22s are now available in Vietnam for a price of VND5,990,000 (around Php14,300). Whether it is coming to the Philippines or not is yet to be known.
Vivo Y22s Specs
- Android 12, Funtouch 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.55-inch HD+ IPS display, 1612 x 720 pixel resolution, 270ppi
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 76.1 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 192g
- Colors: Yellow Green, Dark Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging